Welcome to the wateR blog! I’ve been considering starting a water-centric data science blog for a while now. Getting this blogdown website up and running has helped solidify my motivation to write regularly about water-related data science advances that are available to R users…and maybe Python users too (both languages are so useful!).
Some of the specific goals of this blog are to (in no special order):
- Practice developing my science communication and R skills.
- Review and demo new packages, data sets, and methods that might be useful to water resources research.
- Highlight newly published studies that use data science to advance or could be applied to water resources research.
- Discuss the present and future of water data science.
- Interview experts about water-related topics.